IF YOU DON'T LEARN THE LESSON THE FIRST TIME . . .

Back in '06, two bloggers got two years house arrest and fines for leaking a Ryan Adams album. Now, a blogger faces even more time for leaking Guns N Roses tracks. I don't support leaks, I recognize it as theft, and I think what this guy did was immoral. And, worse, stupid. I don't support posting on major label bands because they are exceptionally litigious and aggressive. I got a C&D back in the old days, when I posted on major label releases, for posting a pre-released song that was sent to me by a publicist, who was well aware of my policy: If you send me something, you must tell me if I can't post it. Far as I know, no independent record company has ever sued a blogger for posting material, leaked or otherwise. Nevertheless, all y'all who are pre-posting Calexico, Of Montreal, MGMT, etc. better watch your backs. Blogging is getting dangerous.